Thursday 2 July 2020

303 new and updated data sets uploaded on 26th June

Dear Users of the OGI,

This update was done last week just before I fell ill for a few days!  I have not got the dreaded virus but was on my back for a while.

Here are the contents of the update:

OPC Dorset - 2

TINSTAAFL Marriages - 6

TINSTAAFL Norfolk Baptisms - 1

Yorkshire Civil Marriages - 7

FindmyPast 

  • Roman Catholic Baptisms - 98
  • Roman Catholic Burials - 39
  • Roman Catholic Marriages - 76
  • Roman Catholic Congregational Records - 64

Durham Records Online - 6

FamilySearch Durham Graveyards - 4

This brings the total of records on the Online Genealogical Index to 404,005.  I remember a few years ago when i first past 100,000 and I was amazed!  Things are still growing and I am still finding new ancestors by using the site!  The whole idea for the OGI was to create a tool for my own use but I quickly realized it would benefit others!  Thank goodness for my good friend David Sheppard from the Forest of Dean who helped build the site for me.  I see that over 28,000 searches have been done so far, my wife suggests half were my own searches, but I hope others have had success with their research using this tool.

Please pass the word on to others if you have found the OGI helpful in your research.  I know it has saved me thousands of hours of research time.  It has also been a good reminder of wonderful resources available online created by generous others who give away their work for the world to enjoy.  

Until the next update,

Tim Manners
Creator and Owner
http://ogindex.org

No comments:

Post a Comment