I have been reviewing the amazing resources at the Online Parish Clerk site for Wiltshire. They now require a free account before allowing access to their data.
As you can see, I have now changed the opening images on the site to announce that the Online Genealogical Index site was recommended at RootsTech in London and Salt Lake City. Whitney Peterson, a British Research Expert, mentioned the site in her lectures and recommended it for finding information quickly.
Here are today's updates:
Gravestone Photos - 2 new cemeteries
OPC Dorset - 7 new data sets
Shropshire BMD - 16 data sets
TINSTAAFL Marriage Project - 19 new parishes
TINSTAAFL Norfolk Baptisms - 3 new parishes
Wiltshire Graveyard Photos - 38 graveyards
Wiltshire OPC - 759 new and updated data sets
- Derbyshire Deaths and Burials - 7 parishes
- National School Admission Registers - 2 new schools
- Surrey Baptisms - 440 new and updated parishes
- Surrey Marriages - 450 new and updated parishes
- Surrey Burials - 190 new and updated parishes
- Yorkshire Baptisms - 13 new parishes
- Yorkshire Monumental Inscriptions - 39 new parishes
Total number of new items this week are 1988 (good year for music!) and the new total on the site today is 404,191.
I will be finally taking some family time off (first time this year) and heading to a few family history sites including the pub where my great-great-grandfather was landlord in 1894. The Black Swan in Belford, Northumberland now has rooms for rent and I am fulfilling a lifelong dream of staying there.
Here is a photo of the pub in the late 1890s.
Have a wonderful summer,
Creator and Owner