I hope you are all well and safe during this lockdown period. FamilySearch, my employer, reports that their website has had more visits over the past month than ever before so it appears that many people are using this time to do more genealogical research. With that said, the new resources and updates added today will help with that process!
A lot of new records for Kent thanks to Findmypast this week. I love Kent. It was an exciting place to be as we were either visiting cousins or on the way to or from France. I spent a year there in 1986-87 attending West Kent College in Tonbridge. My earned qualification, BTEC in Small Business Computer Systems, is now completely outdated but I do have fond memories of my first year living away from home.
Here is the breakdown of today's additions and updates:
- Durham Records Online - 6 new data sets
- Familysearch.org - Isle of Wight Memorial Inscriptions - 6 new data sets
- Gravelroots.net - Sussex Burial database and Memorials - 47 data sets
- Isle of Wight Burial Database (www.foncc.org.uk) - 5 new data sets
- TINSTAAFL Marriages - 30 new parishes
- TINSTAAFL Norfolk Baptisms - 4 new parishes
- aycliffehistory.org - 11 data sets
- gravestonephotos.com - 30 new locations
- lancashire OPC - 21 new locations
- lancashirebmd - 3 new locations
- opcdorset.org - 7 data sets
- staffordshirebmd - 6 new locations
Findmypast added and updated a number of records since the last OGI update.
- Durham Baptisms - 4 new parishes
- Greater London Burial Index - 13 new parishes
- Kent Baptisms - 543 new and updated data sets
- Kent Marriages and Banns - 508 new and updated data sets
- Kent Burials - 531 new and updated data sets
- Northumberland and Durham Memorial Inscriptions - 18 new data sets
- Northumberland Baptisms - 5 new data sets
- Northumberland Marriages - 1 new data set
The current total on OGI is 403,197 data sets. I hope this will help with your own research.
Best wishes and stay safe,
Creator and Owner