I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. I am excited for all that 2019 has to offer (a little nervous about the effects of the type of Brexit we eventually will have to live with) and know that the Online Genealogical Index will continue to grow and offer more resources for your research success!
As we look forward to Spring, I would like to share a photo from the River Trent passing through Burton on Trent, where I currently reside. We look forward to seeing this type of rejuvenation of nature in the next few months.
Things seem to slow a little in regards to new collections but I have just uploaded over 400 new record collections today. Here is the list of details.
- Berkshire - Parish Records for Sunninghill from FamilySearch.org (19 batches)
- Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Oxfordshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire - England Roman Catholic Parish Records from Find My Past (202 batches)
- Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Dorset, Durham, Norfolk, Suffolk, Yorkshire - Memorial Inscriptions from Gravestonephotos.com (14 batches)
- Cumberland/Cumbria, Durham and Lincolnshire - National Burial Index additions from Find My Past (81 batches)
- Durham and Northumberland - Parish Record Transcriptions from Durham Records Online (6 batches)
- Kent - Parish Records from Find My Past (7 batches)
- Lancashire - Parish Records and Memorial Inscriptions from Lancashire Online Parish Clerks (13 batches)
- Lancashire - Civil Registration Births, Marriages and Deaths (22 batches)
- Norfolk - Parish Baptisms from Norfolk Baptism Transcripts (6 batches)
- Norfolk - Parish Records from Find My Past (23 batches)
- Middlesex - Baptisms for Islesworth parish from Find My Past (1 batch)
- Staffordshire - Civil Registration Deaths and Marriages (7 batches)
- Yorkshire - Civil Registration Marriages (3 batches)
This brings the total of data sets on the site to 385,616. Remember, a data set can be a huge collection of names and dates such as baptisms from Lichfield, St Chads for 1538-1900, for example. Even though we have 385 thousand data sets, this covers millions of names and, hopefully, records of your ancestors waiting to be discovered by you!
As you can see, there are always new data sets being released to help find your ancestors. The OGI puts them all in one reference place so you don't have to jump from site to site!
I look forward to a busy year and hope to reach 400,000 data sets on the site before the end of December.
Thank you for using the site. I would love to hear from you and your experiences, suggestions, comments. Please use the comment section below this entry to make contact or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful Spring!
Creator and Owner