I am slowly getting back to full mobility after my three surgeries though life is uncomfortable unless I am lying down and full of pain killers! Nineteen stitches removed from my leg and at least the same amount remain elsewhere but are slowly disolving! Despite this situation, I am trying to add to the available data sets on ogindex.org and have made some good discoveries this past week. Thinking about this project is a good distraction from my current health challenges but only done in short bursts when I am able to deal with a laptop on top of me!
The biggest realization this week is realizing that the parish list indexes for Findmypast collections are incomplete. I was happy to see that the Leicestershire Parish Register collection on Findmypast is now available for free on FamilySearch.org (transcriptions only). As FamilySearch has not offered a detailed content list, I spent four days going through the actual images on Findmypast to determine what is included and have added this information to ogindex.org for FamilySearch and the original collection on Findmypast.
The number of available data sets has now reached a total of 382,381. I am still hoping to reach 400,000 by the end of the year! I am still hoping that the large release of Kent records promised before December will still go ahead on findmypast.co.uk.
Here is a complete breakdown of the latest additions.
- Norfolk Baptisms from Norfolk Baptism Project (http://tinstaafl.co.uk/nbp)
- Lancashire Parish Registers from www.lan-opc.org.uk
- Cheshire Civil Registration Marriages from cheshire.bmd.org.uk
- Staffordshire Civil Registration Marriages and Deaths from www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk
- Leicestershire Parish Register transcriptions from familysearch.org (1,157 data sets)
- Leicestershire Parish Registers image collection from findmypast.co.uk
- New collections added to MyHeritage which are data collections originally on FamilySearch.org. The collections are as follows:
- England, Warwickshire Parish Registers, 1538-1900
- England, Bristol Parish Registers, 1538-1900
- England, Essex Parish Registers, 1538-1900
- England, Dorset, Parish Registers, 1538-1936
- England, Norfolk Parish Registers, 1538-1900
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
That is a grand total of 6,088 data sets added over the weekend and today!
I invite you to use the comments feature in the blog to leave feedback. It is always good to get to know those using this site.
Best wishes in your research!
Creator and Owner