I have uploaded two batches of new and updated record sets over the past week.
The new total of data sets hosted on ogindex.org is now 401,670.
Findmypast have been busy releasing new and updated collections that are now available on the OGI.
- Dorset Memorial Inscriptions (268 parishes)
- Norfolk Parish Registers and Memorial Inscriptions (additions and changes to 2,150 parishes)
- Cornwall Burials
- Kent Burials
- Kent County Council Parish Register Browse (228 data sets)
- Middlesex Monumental Inscriptions
- Westmorland Baptisms
- Westmorland Marriages
- Westmorland Burials
Other recent additions include:
- Lancashire Online Parish Clerk (14 new data sets)
- Shropshire Civil Registration Marriages (39 new data sets)
- Gravestonephotos.com (12 new locations)
- Wakefield Council Burial Database (15 cemeteries)
I hope these updates will help you find your ancestors quickly.
Just a reminder to download my free guide to the General Register Office Index available here.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to use the GRO Index (free registration) to find mother's maiden names for any child born from August 1837 to 1918 (use FreeBMD for years up to 1984 then FindMyPast to see births up to 2008). Also learn how to use this data to find marriages. Deaths ages are also shown from August 1837 to 1957. FreeBMD only shows deaths from 1866.
There are many new collections from FamilySearch.org including Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Herefordshire and Surrey. These do not currently have an obvious index of included parishes but some have linked images to the results of your search.
I hope to return very soon with more records to improve your search results!
Creator and Owner