Findmypast released a huge Lanacashire collection yesterday which is now included in the Online Genealogical Index.
Here is a review of today's updates:
- Lancashire Baptisms, Marriages, Banns and Burials for 215 parishes from Findmypast
- Jewish burials for 96 locations in the UK from jewishgen.org
- New additions from Staffordshire, Cheshire and Lancashire civil registration (www.ukbmdsearch.org.uk)
- Sheffield updates for parish registers and memorial inscriptions (27 new entries from sheffieldindexers.com)
- New graveyards on gravestonephotos.com
- Twelve new Lancashire parish register data sets from www.lan-opc.org.uk
- New Norfolk baptism set added to tinstaafl.co.uk
I hope these new entries will assist you in finding your ancestors. I have found a few new children this week due to the tools found in the General Register Office Index. Don't forget about my extensive guide on using the GRO Index for family history research found HERE
It will help you use the best combination of online tools to find marriages and missing family members from 1837 and beyond.
I am taking a few weeks off in August travelling to Germany where we lived for 7 years (and I enjoyed 3 of my teenage years as well) so things may be quiet but I will be back full force in September gathering more data for your use.
The total data sets available on the OGI stands at 384,175. I am still hoping to reach 400,000 by the end of the year so we will see if I can find another 16,000 new data sets online!
Creator and Owner