Saturday 21 July 2018

Big week for Lancashire

Hope you are all enjoying this warm and dry summer.  Reminds me of my childhood in 1976 which, so far, was actually a warmer one!  The record high in the UK that year was 36 degrees.

Findmypast released a huge Lanacashire collection yesterday which is now included in the Online Genealogical Index.  

Here is a review of today's updates:


Total additions for this week = 870 data sets (that includes over 2.5 million names)

I hope these new entries will assist you in finding your ancestors.  I have found a few new children this week due to the tools found in the General Register Office Index.  Don't forget about my extensive guide on using the GRO Index for family history research found HERE

It will help you use the best combination of online tools to find marriages and missing family members from 1837 and beyond.

I am taking a few weeks off in August travelling to Germany where we lived for 7 years (and I enjoyed 3 of my teenage years as well) so things may be quiet but I will be back full force in September gathering more data for your use.

The total data sets available on the OGI stands at 384,175.  I am still hoping to reach 400,000 by the end of the year so we will see if I can find another 16,000 new data sets online!

Best wishes,

Tim Manners
Creator and Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment